How to change your email password in cPanel
If you’ve forgotten the password for your email account and can’t find the original record (usually an email from Guy Designs), you will need to reset it in cPanel.
To change the email password follow the below instructions.
Step 1: Log in to cPanel
- go to yourdomain.com.au/cpanel (replace yourdomain with your website e.g. guydesigns.com.au)
- Enter your user name & password
- Click login
For more detailed instructions go to Logging into your account in Cpanel
Step 2: Go into Emails
- Once in the dashboard scroll down to the Emails section
Click on email accounts (circled)
Step 3: Find the email account & change the password
- Click on Passwords next to the account you need to change
- Enter a password that is strong – needs to have at least 10 characters that includes upper & lowercase letters, numbers & characters.
- Alternatively, you can click the password generator button to have it choose one for you.
- Copy the password and paste it somewhere safe. Alternatively, write it down.
- Once you have a copy of the password stored somewhere, click Save
Please note that it is a requirement under our terms & conditions that you keep all passwords safe & secure. This includes choosing passwords that meet the security standards listed above.
Once you’ve set a password in cPanel, you can only see stars e.g. ********** so it’s important to record it and then change it on every device. Too many attempts logging in with the wrong password will lock the account.
For step-by-step instructions on setting up your new email account on your PC or mobile device head over to our email resources section.