Preparation for your new online store
Here's a checklist of what you need to start collating for your online store
Identity & Branding
- Your preferred domain name/s & email addresses
- Your company/business logo
- Preferred colours for your site
- Preferred fonts – www.google.com/webfonts
General Website Information
- Introduction blurb for main page
- Contact details
- Social media links & icons
- Images for the main page
- Categories & sub-categories for your products
- How many products you plan to have in your store
- Will there be variants, such as size or colour?
- Product descriptions
- Product image or images (please talk to us about size and quality)
- Cost of the product (are you registered for GST? Postage? e.t.c. below)
Payments & Finance
- Payment details (Paypal/direct deposit/cheque/COD/Eway)
- Are you charging a surcharge for credit cards or other payment methods?
- Are you registered for GST?
- Will you be linking the website to an accounting program?
Postage Options & Costs
- Who is your courier? (Aust post, courier, international postage, express post)
- Can the customer collect the item?
- What timeframe should the customer expect from order to dispatch?
- Will postage be included in item cost?
- If charging postage, will it be a flat rate per item or order? Will it be based on size or weight? Is there a cap (orders over ….)
Legal & FAQ
- You will need Terms and conditions, including refund policy that meets ACCC guidelines if in Australia
- FAQ – Have answers prepared for all the above sections
- Any other content such as markets or events you attend
- Are you planning to have a newsletter?
Guy Designs will assist you in collating the above information, with easy to complete forms, in the preparation for your website. Please ask us if you need help or further explanation.